Monday, September 19, 2016

Two weeks down and I feel like a raw nerve.

So here I am on Day 14.  I made it through the weekend, I even got a lot done.  (I followed some sober advice from Belle and cleaned out 2 closets and went through some giant rubbermaids full of crap and donated a bunch of said crap to Savers.)  While I was doing all of that I was ok, and while I was working out I was ok.  All of the rest of the time I continued to be the Raging Bitch of the Morning from Friday whom I shall now re-name the Raging Bitch of Early Sobriety.  This morning I was in a fantastically horrid mood and took it out on my boyfriend, my dogs (who thankfully do not speak english) and anyone who had the audacity to be on the roads between 7:15AM and 8:00 AM.

To be brief, I hate this.  I hate this and I want it to stop.  I am not sure what 'this' is, and I am not really looking to drink, at least not this very second, so I have no idea what to do.  I am just so very uncomfortable.  I had a lunch date with a couple of friends yesterday.  They are running friends, so they don't drink much and they have never seen me in my fully f'ed up glory.  My running friends and my drinking friends are separate you see...   Anyhoo, the restaurant they chose does not serve alcohol.  So this should have been a fun, low stress adventure.  But I spent most of the morning being angry that I HAD to go to this lunch, I mean I was straight up put out!  How dare these women impose such restrictions on my time? Right?

See!  Raging Bitch of Early Sobriety (see also:  Ungrateful Barely Sober Bitch).

There has to be something that is scaring me, because that is where most emotional discomfort comes from, right?  So what am I so afraid of?  Or is this really just Me without alcohol?    YIKES.

Ok, well.  There are about 3-1/2 hours to go before I can go to bed (even then there will be comments from boyfriend).  I can do this.  I have to do this, and maybe Day 15 is the Day of Feeling Better.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment