Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Pleasant morning (WTF??)

So today I woke up a few minutes before the dreaded alarm went off.  Just woke up.  Just like that. I opened my eyes EARLIER THAN NECESSARY.

This is a monumental statement coming from me.  I generally loathe mornings.  I hit snooze a lot, I wait 'till the very last moment and then I run around all pissed off and crabby because I am late and my stuff is not where I thought it was, and why am I out of Diet Pepsi?, etc.  Generally, I am a rabid bitch in the morning.  Now I am not saying that I was a ray of morning sunshine today- honestly when I first realized that I was up early I was momentarily irked that I could have slept for 8 more minutes.  But I just sort of woke up, and got up, and got ready and even had time to do one of those 5 minute pre-shower workouts on Pinterest and listen to one of Belle's lovely shorty podcasts.

"On Day 9 I woke up early."  To me this sentence has a musical quality, I shall make a point to use it as a line in the epic poem I plan to write about my life (not).

In other news, I have made a point to stop looking at my phone at 8 PM.  No Facebook, no Pinterest, no headlines, no text messages.  Nada.  So far, it has made going to bed easier because I am not riled up about something I read that outraged/offended/irritated me.  I will let you know if this lasts.  I will let you know if any of this lasts...

No comments:

Post a Comment