Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Back to Day 2 again.  The usual disgust, mild horror and body encompassing eye roll apply.

For this time around I will make a list of things I am really sure to miss about drinking.  As a problem drinker, a binge drinker, the little drinker that couldn't stop - I have decided to make a list of things I will miss while not being a drinker.  Here are the first 10 items:
  1)  Pretending to remember a conversation we <friend and I> had while drinking, when in all reality I have no clue what you <friend> are talking about.
 2)  Pretending that the ridiculous bruises I am constantly discovering all over my body are funny.
 3)  Sacrificing an entire tomorrow to a miserable, thought sucking hangover so that I can have a 'really good time' tonight.  (Such a good time that I won't remember most of it!)
 4)  Waking up and walking outside to the driveway to make sure the car is there, and parked straight, and not in the yard, or left running, or left with one of the doors left open.
 5)  Spending a nice, nauseous/headachy morning fishing through my purse looking for receipts to see if I can figure out where I went the night before.  And, oh yeah.....how much money did I spend?  Hopefully not more than I owe for rent!!  Gosh I love a good mystery....
 6)  Coming up with the 1 millionth excuse for why I missed a morning running date with a friend.  (Surely she has no clue that the real problem is yet another hangover, because I am an academy award winning liar pants text-excuse generating machine!)
 7)  Waking up to find an empty pan with dried up mac-n-cheese sludge in it, because I came home after drinking a shit-ton of empty calories and thought the only way to top off the night was to eat a whole box of mac-n-cheese by myself. Besides, everyone knows that cooking on a gas stove while blackout drunk is genius!
 8)  Waking up and realizing I slept on the landing of the stairs and my daughter saw me.
 9)  Repeating myself, constantly, because I don't remember to whom I have told what.
10) Not achieving goals.  I cannot even get myself to the movie theater to see a movie I wanted to see half the time, because I am too hung over from the night before, let alone achieve a long term goal.
 
Honestly, the list goes on and on.  Why on earth is this difficult to give up?  GAH!
  So yes, day 2 is today.  Again.  C'mon day three!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm just starting too...you can do this. You sound smart, funny and motivated. This is your life...fight for it. Good luck today, your day 2 is my day 1....so let's both get there.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! It is so nice to not feel alone. Day three is going well so far - are you still with me on your day 2?

      Delete