Friday, September 16, 2016

Greetings from Day 11...

So far today is irritating.  I was irritated that my alarm went off, irritated that my boyfriend took forever to get out the door and we did not get to the gym before 6 AM (why get up at 4:50 if we are not going to leave the house until 5:50??), irritated that the guy in the Cadillac tailgated me for 2 miles because he felt I pulled out in front of him, irritated that all of the TV's at the gym had the Tangerine Menace front and center, irritated with Jimmy Fallon for rubbing the Tangerine Menace's hair and then acting like the douchebag was some sort of good sport for allowing it.....

You get the idea - today I was back to the Raging Bitch of the Mornin' I mentioned a couple of days ago.

But then I remembered that I had a podcast from Belle about 'irritation' to listen to, and so I did.  Now I am still all crunchy, but with the knowledge that my current status is normal for someone who has given up her bestest and favorite-est coping mechanism for 100 days, and who still has 88 days to go.   Thank you as ever Belle for being out there, you have helped more than I can express.

So yeah, 7 hours left of work, followed by a game of cards with boyfriend's family.  Not sure about that last part, I may have to bow out because cards = drinking.  There will be special get-together cocktails, there always are, and I don't think I can be there tonight.  I will decide later this afternoon because right now I am just irritated.

Did I mention my high level of irritation?     GAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment