Monday, July 18, 2016

Scuffed and bruised

So I totally flung myself off of the wagon last night.  Hurled myself off the damn thing and wow do I hurt today.  Twenty days waking up without a hangover really highlights how horrible it is to feel this way.  I am nauseous, I cannot think straight, I am exhausted and I feel like a complete asshole.  In addition I have no idea how much $ I spent and I am missing my debit card.  I am sure it is at my favorite drink-by-the-river bar, and I know it is safe there and I look forward to popping in with my tail between my legs to pick it up.  Shit, I am not even sure if I signed for my tab.  God I hate myself right now. F'ing drunk.

I am training for a 50 mile race and I have been feeling so, so good.  WHY DID I LOSE IT YESTERDAY?  I really have to wonder WHY?  Self sabotage?  Am I really a slave to my addiction.  Maybe I do need to go to AA and give myself over to a higher power and admit I am 'powerless' over my addiction....

No way, no how.  Not happening.  I am not helpless, powerless, enslaved.  This is a monumental problem of my very own creation and if I can create it then I can un-create it.   So I will not drink today.  I will not.  And I will write a little something in here every day and I will not give up.  I quit.  I quit.  I f'ing quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment