Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The other side...

Since my last post there has been a Cubs win for the ages and a electoral loss that has thrown the country into the 5th circle of Hell.  I fear we are headed for the 7th.  And so for the last week I have warred within myself, feelings of hope vs. feelings of rage and despair.  

I am so very angry with half of my countrymen, so desperate for change that they willfully ignored monstrous, hateful, bigoted, painfully small minded rhetoric.  How....HOW does that petulant, poorly spoken fool make sense to anyone?  How does his puritanical running mate bring a sense of country and correctness to half of my fellow citizens?  I am stunned by the scope of the hate in my beloved America, I knew it was there, I had no idea of the scope and the strength of it.

I have read the posts begging me to reach out to those who oppose my views in order to find common ground.  I have also read the posts of those who are having none of that and are ready to tear the other side down.  I do not know where I fit, I cannot fathom the mind of the Trump voter and right this moment I do not want to.  But I refuse to rage wildly either as it is now, more than ever, very important to be clear and be steady.

I will find my way, I am just not there yet.  I truly hate that man all the way through.  He is the antithesis of all that I am and of all that I thought my country was made of.  It actually hurts, this actually hurts.  So I will grieve a bit longer, but not much longer - because I sense that there is no time to waste...


No comments:

Post a Comment